? ??????????????Punk Collage? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (486 Ratings)??23413 Grabs Today. 134729 Total Grabs
. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????25?? ?????Love Is Strange? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (49 Ratings)??22101 Grabs Today. 75793 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, October 8, 2010

Behind the swoosh part 3


Now that you’ve learned a little bit about what life is like for Indonesian sweatshop workers, pretend you are a Nike sweatshop worker and write a poem from this viewpoint.


I cry at night in fear for my life.
I work so hard, i don't even see my wife.
My kids, want their parents to love and to hold.
i want to fight back but i'm just not that bold.
i share my home with strangers,
i'm not able to keep my kids or wife out of danger.
the cruel things these rich people do,
i wish they could work as hard as us too.
little bit of money for a lot of time,
we can't complain, we can't even whine.
for we would be shot dead,
or they will want to see us suffer by cutting our loved one's head.
you might not know how your sneakers are made,
we make them for y'all to get paid.
i cry at night,
wanting to escape from your sight.
i write this poem to spread my feelings,
even if this stops you wont be able to cover my healings.
don't you ever wonder what makes people do cruel things?
i think its greed that the money brings.

0 comments: